Address Omitted. Contact Carrie for details.
M.F.A. 2003-05 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Integrated Electronic Arts, Troy, NY
B.F.A. 1992-94 The San Francisco Art Institute, Performance & Video Art / New Genres, SF, CA
1990-92 Antioch College, Communications + Media Studies, Yellow Springs, OH
(NYC Unless otherwise noted)
- ARTech, Chelsea 1000 Fingers of Decision, Participatory Installation and Video for young people. March, April 2017
- New York Hall of Science. Commission for 1000 Fingers of Decision, Collaboration with Climate Scientist, Bio Ethicist, Matthew Liao. Museum Installation and Participatory performance for young people and families. Dec 2016
- Yesiree the Public Notary: Oath of Growth with ProArts Gallery + at Court Sq. Oakland, CA + Re:Seed Saugerties NY
- Lodge Gallery: AIOP: RECALLED – Oath Of Growth, Keeper of the Smallest Plant, NYC. October
- Art in Odd Places: RECALL – Oath Of Growth, Keeper of the Smallest Plant, Union Sq. NYC. October
- Athens Community Center Shifting Ecologies exhibition, Clean Water Act performance and panel, Athens NY Aug
- TBD Artist in Resident /Participatory Studio Project with Metropolitan Museum of Art: TBD Spring
- Ventana244: REAL ESTATE exhibition, Personal Forgery. Winter, Brooklyn.
- Dime Band Does Time, Presidential Pardons and Over the Rainbow, performances with Lilah Freedland + Jim Costanza at Pine Box Rock Shop and The New Museum in Pawel Althamer’s off exhibition.
- DON’T YUK MY YUM with Lilah Freedland, Umami Festival of Art and Food, NYC and Greenmarket.
- Spane, Performance Art in the Natural Environment: The Great Convergence outdoor screening at ArtScape Gibraltar Point, Toronto, August
- Rand-a-Thon Overnight collective bonfire reading of Atlas Shrugged, Free City Public Art Festival, Chevy in the Hole, Flint, MI. April
- Tate Modern, Silent University /Radical Tutorials featuring student remakes of Yesiree The Public Notary’s, Witness to the Belonging. Winter. London, UK.
- Pace Gallery Met@Home, FAPLCAP, Faculty Show, Pace University, November.
- NURTUREart: Met@Home and FAPLCAP and free book publication …Is This Free? Brooklyn, August / September.
- Scope Fair: Yesiree the Public Notary, NY Rule of Oaths/ Batik & I Am Not the Authenticator, You Are (Art Officiation).
- Emergency Index, Publication by Ugly Duckling Press, Yesiree the Public Notary, Legal Manifestations. March.
- Little Paper Planes Print Publication. Yesiree the Public Notary Legal Manifestations; The Eagle, Bull, and Bear, Winter.
- Yesiree the Public Notary, Legal Manifestations in online exhibition; The Eagle, Bull, and Bear on Little Paper Planes. Opening Nov 30, 2011
- Yesiree the Public Notary, Legal Manifestations at Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street. Weekdays, Oct – Nov
- Yesiree the Public Notary, Conference of Works: MODE, METHOD, MEDIUM Panopoly Performance Lab May+Nov.
- Camp Ballibay Blacklight Allegories in the Blackbox, Visiting Artist collaborative project with campers. Videos and Installation. Camptown, PA.
- Yesiree the Public Notary, The Notarial Backroom; Home of the Existential Witness. Kimmel Harding Nelson Center, Nebraska City, NE.
- Scope Fair: Yesiree the Public Notary, March Fourth, I do Declare. Participatory performance with live wii controlled video by Eric Drasin, March.
- Yesiree the Public Notary, Witness to the Belonging Tutorial on Radical Citizenship at Hunter College Gallery.
Yesiree the Public Notary Participatory Performances in 2010;
- The Lottery of Good Oaths at Union Square in Art in Odd Places Festival.
- Good For the Day at Marion Spore curated by Michael Connor, Industry City Bklyn.
- Clean Water Act Song and River Action w/ Suzanne Thorpe @ Flow Slow Hydrofracking Action, Narrowsburg PA & Mildred’s Lane.
- Clean Water Act w/ Suzanne Thorpe, Take Away Postcards in Hydrofracking Exhibition at EXITart.
- Oaths and Affirmations in MLAB @ Stephan Stoyanov Gallery.
- Witness to the Belonging tutorial on Radical Citizenship as part of Anhoek School, No Longer Empty/ Governor’s Island & exhibited at Southern Exposure, SF.
- New Year’s Oaths & Affirmations, Inaugural Notarial Performance. La Superette.
- Camp Ballibay The Inhabitable Fort Magistrate, Visiting Artist collaborative installation and video project with campers, Camptown PA.
- Delaware Center for Contemporary Art The Geographers, a collaborative community project between the Artist, DCCA and Latin American Community Center. Museum exhibition and commission by the National Endowment For The Arts. Wilmington, DE.
- Skirball Center Text Between the Meat video Cinematic interpretations of The Haggadah, Spring.
- International Print Center New York, The Weather Report, video of Weather statistics from November 2008 as an AIR with SP Weather Station, Queens NY.
- The Arts Center of the Capital Region SHNYS; Route of Progress TROY book + 13h screen video.
- Queens Museum: QUEENS INTERNATIONAL 4. The Weather Report (Video) S.P. Weather Station project, Winter.
- Mass MOCA: Under Island Video and Pent-Up and under Gone Book in Matt Bua’s Cribs to Cribbage, North Adams, MA.
- Fugitive Projects Video Festival: Close the Gate and Maplewood Hotel. Banff, Marfa, Austin TX, San Paulo Brazil.
- ZERO1 Festival: the 13th screen, Identity L.A.R.P. student collaboration with Purchase College and Directed by New Media Sophomore, Jonathan Mittiga. Onsite workshops and Installation. Adobe Youth Voices June, San Jose CA.
- MoMA: The Subliminal History of New York State: Rosendale (Video) in April Earth Day celebrations.
- EXITart: Under Island in E.P.A (Environmental Performance Actions).
- International Center of Photography: Investigating Cohabitation video, Faculty exhibition.
- Eyebeam: 10 Year Anniversary exhibitions; 10 Cameras, Caumsett L.I. 10 channel video installation in SOURCE CODE. Subliminal History of New York State (SHNYS), the 13th screen (2 channels, 5 hour looop) and Shape Note songs with online songmap and printed tunebook in INTERFERENCE.
- Subliminal History of New York State: Route of Progress Erie Canal tour with Shape Note composer collaborator Jesse Pearlman Karlsberg and the 13th screen: 6 stops, 6 public participatory performances and 6 community made 2 channel live video installations. June and July. Funded by NYSCA Independent Artist grant and The New York State Music Fun, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisory Comittee.
- Schenectady Museum: SHNYS 13th screen installation with locally made Shape Note songs. Celebrating the 150 year anniversary of Vale Park, Rural Cemetery, Schenectady, NY.
- Gigantic ArtSpace: Under Island: Book, Songs, Video and Performance and production of limited edition Compact Disc in Special Reconnaissance_.
- Peekskill Projects: Eat Meat Meteorite public demonstration (W/ Jesse P. Karlsberg), meat balls, video, painted triptych and public participation at waterfront. Later exhibited on Main Street, Peekskill NY.
- Widow Jane Mine, SHNYS: Rosendale participatory performance held in the Lawrenceville mines. Produced with The Century House Historical Society, Rosendale, NY Summer.
- Contemporary Artist Center (CAC): Under Island, Chapter 1, The Subliminal History of New York State. Participatory Shape Note singing Performance and Installation. North Adams, MA.
- Jessica Murray Projects: Solo* Pent-Up and underGone Multi Media interactive video and sound Installation w/ Matt Bua and Jesse Bercowetz. Chelsea, NYC.
- CAC: Under Island evidence and map in Detourism exhibition, curated by Nato Thompson. North Adams, MA.
- Jessica Murray Projects: Investigating Cohabitation single channel video anti Armory exhibition.
- Eyebeam: Vidiviation Dividiation Video Performance interaction oracle with Olivia Robinson in the Holiday Hackshop.
- PS1/MOMA /Roosevelt Island: Under Island (Collaboration with Matt Bua, Jesse Bercowetz and guests; Sxip Shirey and Roosevelt Island teenagers), Multi-media performance and outdoor exhibition/ installation. Curated by Grizedale Arts. Traveling show to Chapter Arts (Wales) and Q Gallery (UK).
- Downtown Troy NY: Red Light Relay, Connecting West Hall to Fulton St. Community involved public light event.
- Eyebeam: 10 Cameras, Caumsett L.I. 10 channel synchronized video installation, Beta Launch, AIR exhibition.
- The Tank: You Hall Me single channel video, hallway installation.
- The UnSeen Machine w/ Matt Bua. Roving performance vehicle; PS1, DUMBO Arts, Eyebeam, RPI, The Kitchen, Socrates Sculpture Center and streets of NYC & upstate, Funded by Media Alliance, Radio + Sound Arts Grant.
- Cutchifritos: The Cook Sisters: Relay (w/ Tali Hinkis) video performance in David Gibson’s Social Space.
- White Box: Pee on the world as part of MOOV International Video series.
- Jessica Murray Projects: Let Me Be the Trusting One. Video object in Grotto 1, Brooklyn.
- Islip Art Museum: Colony Residency concluding with collaborative installation, Voyage of the Mir2 (Ward Shelly, Matt Bua, Jesse Bercowetz, eteam +)
- The Kitchen: The Kitchen Cauldron live video performance.
- Jessica Murray Projects: You’re the One I Love (25 video portraits w/ Josh Weinstein) in ABOUT FACE. Brooklyn.
- Art In General: Cook Sisters: Low key crepery. Video Performance with Tali Hinkis in the Video Marathon.
- Ocularis: War of the Worlds 01 Super 8 collaboration with Ocularis.
- Exit Art: Cook Sister’s Alter Ego Live Multichannel Video Performance with Tali Hinkis/ and guests, three course interactive meal in SPUNKY exhibition.
- Smack Mellon: Mir2 Multimedia International Space Station collaborative installation, Brooklyn.
- Warhol Museum, New York Underground Film Festival Imitation of Kiss Multichannel Video / film with Ocularis.
- DEBUT-KINOTAVR FESTIVAL Boy, Lot, Bike single channel video, Moscow Russia.
- hello Good Morning America, single channel video remix of hello project introduced nationally on ABC television’s Good Morning America featuring combined spy camera and broadcast footage. Screenings and exhibitions through out year at; Rencontres Internationales Festival, Paris/Berlin, Aurora Picture Show, Austin TX, Ocularis, AIR RAIDS/ L.A. Freewaves Festival, UCLA Hammer Museum, California Museum of Photography, CSUN California State University Northridge Art Galleries, Side Street Live, LA CA, Freud Museum St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Downtown Arts Festival: hello and I am Videotaping You Right Now. Live Performance, web and video objects.
- Good Morning America: hello woman guest, ABC Television, January.
- hello project of personal non-mediated interaction begins an attempt to individually greet 1 million people.
- Does Your Shadow Prove You Real and Do You Trust the Light (Installation) and I am Not Domesticated (performance), Instant Gallery, Seoul, Korea.
- Traveling Noise events: Family Home Evening, San Francisco Bay area.
For University Teaching please see Teaching section on blog.
GRANTS, AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- 2016/17 New York Hall of Science, ACCESS. Commission for 1000 Fingers of Decision, Collaboration with Climate Scientist, Bio Ethicist, Matthew Liao.
- 2016 America In Bloom, National award for Best Program for Engaging Young People. *Garden Arts, Catskill NY
- 2016 NYSCA Decentralization Program / Greene County Council on the Arts, Individual Artist Grant for Companion Planting Natural and Social, an individual and community arts based project.
- 2011/2 Jerome Foundation, Travel and Study Grant, Auroville, Pondicherry, India
- 2010 NEA, Delaware Center for Contemporary Art: Community Arts Commission, Wilmington, DE
- 2008 Public Art Fund: in the Public Realm nominee.
- 2007 Experimental Television Center: Finishing Funds, the 13th screen.
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisory: New York State Music Fund Grant w/ the TANK for Subliminal History of New York State: Route of Progress tour and singing component.
- 2006 NYSCA Individual Artist project grant: The 13th screen, multichannel editing system.
- 2003-05 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Graduate Fellowship Award: Full Merit Scholarship through Humanities Program at RPI.
- 2004 Henry Moore Foundation for Production and creation of Under Island w/ Grizedale Arts, at PS1/ MoMA, Chapter Arts in Whales, Q Gallery in UK.
- 2003 Experimental Television Center: Finishing Funds, 10 Cameras, Caumsett, Long Island 10 channel video installation.
- 2002 Media Alliance Radio Sound Grant (NYSCA): The Unseen Machine (USM) w/ Matt Bua.
- 2002 Islip Museum group residency and project grant for Colony organized by Ward Shelley.
- 2002 Bessie Award: NY Dance/Performance Award, Installation & New Media for collaborative MIR2 at Smack Melon in Brooklyn.
- Summer 2012 Artscape Gibraltar Point, Toronto, ON
- Dec- Jan 2012 Kala Ghoj Arts residency, Auroville, Pondicherry, India
- Spring 2011 Kimmel Harding Nelson Arts Residency, Nebraska City, NE
- June/July 2010 DCCA, Creative Communities residency, Wilmington, DE
- Summer 09,10,11 Ballibay Summer Camp, Camptown, PA
- Summer 08,07 Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild, Woodstock, NY
- 2007 The Tank, New York, NY
- Nov 06, Dec 02 Experimental Television Center, Owego, NY
- May – Sept 06 Lower Manhattan Cultural Center, Swing Space, NY
- Nov- Dec 05 Woman’s Studio Workshop Fellowship/Residency, Rosendale NY
- Oct- Nov 05 Contemporary Artist Center, residency, North Adams, MA
- Oct 02- Feb 03 Eyebeam Atelier, ASA Residency, New York, NY
- Summer 2002 Islip Art Museum, collaborative residency, Islip, Long Island, NY
- Summer 1995 American Standard exhibition and residency, Seoul, Korea
See Press Page